Rooted in the mission of Jesus, we are committed as one CSJ family to live and work with inclusive love to bring about unity and reconciliation of all creation and all people with God and with one another. Unity, reconciliation, inclusive love, peace and justice.
As a community, we educate both the heart and the mind of our students through the values of hospitality, excellence, accountability, respect, reverence, truthfulness, and trust.
Sacred Heart is accredited by the New York State Board of Regents and by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and holds full membership in the National Catholic Educational Association.
In May 1996, Sacred Heart was recognized by the United States Department of Education as a Blue Ribbon School of Excellence – the highest honor a school can achieve.
SHA snapshots of excellence: a few fast facts
- On average, 99% of SHA graduates attend 4-year colleges.
- In 2009, 85% of the graduating class received academic, artistic or athletic scholarships to college... totaling a remarkable $28 million.
- SHA graduates routinely take their places among the top echelons of business, government and academia. In just our most recent annual gala, we honored the FBI Special Agent in Charge of Cyber/Special Operations for the New York Division, the Executive Vice President of Harvard University, and the President of Network Sales for CBS Television... all SHA graduates!
- As one aspect of fulfilling our mission of "bringing about union and reconciliation by awakening in our community an awareness of the unconditional love God has for all people," each SHA student is required to complete at least 20 hours of community service annually. However, most students far exceed this, devoting up to 200 hours of their time each term to helping their neighbors.
- Thanks to our exceptional 15:1 student-teacher ratio, combined with a faculty extraordinarily dedicated to our students' success, SHA students routinely surpass their state peers in standardized test scores and the majority earn Advanced Designation Regents Diplomas each year.