Is Sacred Heart Academy the right school for your daughter?
Consider what we offer our students:
- A Catholic, faith-based educational experience rooted in the mission of Jesus and the CSJ principles of unity, reconciliation, inclusive love, peace and justice.
- A rigorous academic program designed to challenge bright, motivated young women to reach their highest potential and prepare them to excel and lead when they enter college.
- A broad range of extracurricular activities where young women are empowered to demonstrate their talents, leadership and community awareness.
- A supportive, safe and inclusive environment.
A commitment to diversity
Each year, we select approximately 200 young women from diverse socio-economic backgrounds to become part of our unique community as freshmen. As our Principal, Sister Joanne Forker, CSJ, has stated, “It is our belief that diversity brings richness and meaning to life, and that exposure to a broad range of talents, perspectives and experiences better prepares young women for a multi-cultural city, nation and world.” As such, multi-culturalism is a hallmark of the SHA Experience, highlighted by our Multi-Cultural Assembly, where SHA students showcase a variety of cultures and languages through dance, songs and poetry.
Students who are interested in entering SHA should plan on taking the annual Catholic High School Entrance Exam (CHSEE) - or, for Brooklyn/Queens residents, the Test for Admission into Catholic High Schools (TACHS) exam - in the 8th grade. The test is given at SHA and most other Catholic high schools in the region each fall.
All students must, in addition:
- List Sacred Heart as one of their 3 choices on the exam.
- Provide academic records from 7th grade and their first report card for 8th grade by mid-December.
- Submit a letter from parents stating the cooperative role they hope to play in their daughter's education as well as their involvement with the school?.
- Be immunized - no exemptions.
- If you did not take the Catholic High School Entrance Exam (CHSEE) or Test for Admission for Catholic High Schools (TACHS) exam in the 8th grade, you should apply to take the Sacred Heart Academy Entrance Examination on Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 3:30-5:30. Please click here for the registration form and important information.