At Sacred Heart Academy athletics are an important part of an individual's total educational experience. Our primary belief is that athletes are student's first, and that the purpose of athletics is to foster and promote the physical, moral, mental, social and spiritual growth and well-being of each student-athlete.
Sacred Heart Academy's extensive Athletic Program is one of the most competitive on Long Island. Our teams consistently rank among the top teams in the Nassau-Suffolk Catholic High School Girl's Athletic Association.
We offer 12 Sports with 19 Teams on various levels. Each team is supported by a highly qualified and dedicated coaching staff. Additionaly, students have the opportunity to support the team in various managerial positions.
Sports Hotline: (516) 505-1150 up to date information on games
For game information and rosters please click on the team name to navigate to the respective team page.
JV -Two Teams A and B
Varsity - Two Teams A and B
- Cross Country*
Students in all grades are eligible for Varsity Sports.
* No tryouts required
A winning tradition
Achievements of our dedicated coaches and team participants over the seasons include the following:
- Season, League and NY State Champions
- Coach and Player of the Year
- Newsday Top 10 Team – Nassau and Suffolk Counties
- Newsday All-Long Island Team
- League and NY State Champions
- Semi-finalist - NY State Catholic HS Championship
- League Sportsmanship Award
NY State Federation Champion 500/200yd Freestyle
- Regular Season and League Champions
- League and Newsday Swimmer of the Year
- NY State Federation Championship - 8 Qualifiers
- Runner-up – Regular Season
- State Qualifier
- Runner-up – League Championship
- US Lacrosse All-American's and Academic All-American's
- Newsday All-Long Island Team Members
- MSG Varsity Top 20 Tri-State Area
Newsday Top 10 Teams
- CHSAA League Championship
- NY State Championship
- Newsday All Long Island Coach of the Year and Player
- 30 students selected All-League